Thursday, September 19, 2013

Genetics to Finance - Amazed By Open Source d3 and r

Open source amazes me by the speed of distribution and the power of iteration.  Take for example the very  fine combination of R and d3 provided here at http://www.biostat.wisc.edu/~kbroman/D3/.  The correlation matrix with scatterplot instantly struck me as a wonderful way to liven up Pretty Correlation Map of PIMCO Funds.  Since it is open and MIT licensed, within an hour I was able  to come up with this.

screenshot

Please take it and make it even better.  Thanks so much to Karl Broman for this great work.

1 comment:

  1. This is really cool stuff. With zero d3 experience, how would I replicate this with a new dataset? I took a look at Karl's code on github but am lost. Didn't find your adaptation. Taking it a step forward, if we wanted to have the scatter plot from dimple as the output on the right side such that it provided hover values, how would that work? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete