Friday, August 17, 2012

Horizon Plots with plot.xts

Anyone who has read

  1. 48 Industries (Dendrogram Ordered) Over 50 Years
  2. 48 Industries Since 1963
  3. “Trend is Not Your Friend” Applied to 48 Industries
  4. Horizon Plots in Base Graphics
  5. More on Horizon Charts
  6. Application of Horizon Plots
  7. Horizon Plot Already Available
  8. Cubism Horizon Charts in R

should already know that I really like horizon charts.  Also, you would probably guess that I would be very excited if the new plot.xts could produce horizon charts.  So I am excited, since with its panel functionality, plot.xts very capably creates horizon charts.

From TimelyPortfolio

R code from GIST (also, please install xtsExtra from r-forge):

1 comment:

  1. Nice work on these charts. I'm going to try this out for some of the data I work with. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete